Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the CCB are to
- assist biobank development by providing advice and mutual support : Key areas – harmonisation of procedures, assurance of fitness for purpose, public and patient engagement
- promote networking between biobanks by collaborative development of procedures to facilitate sharing of biosamples and linked data
- provide news and information pertinent to cancer biobanking.
- represent the voice of CCB members to funders, including NCRI partners and others
- provide an interface for researchers to access the collective holdings of member biobanks
- increase the visibility of research tissue collections.